Two-timer – a person who says one thing and does another.
You know how I said Friday Tea Time would be a weekly thing. Well, it is a lot of work and none of you asses pay me to write this so I skipped last week. If you don’t like it, buy a link and I’ll be sure to write it every week. Let’s get to it.
* Toolbar Page Rank Update – Who Fucking Cares? See kiss my ass and Irishwonder. Those are essentially the two posts you need to read then forget it and get back to making money. Or start running around in rabid circles waving your arms because your green bar got smaller. If you want more, go see the picture of Matt “Homo Cop” Cutts over at Twenty Steps. I would have yanked the pic and put it here but I like his blog and I’m not an asshole today.
* On a similar subject, Halfdeck talks about paid links with some excellent analogies on paid links. He also quotes Heat a bunch so it’s cool.
* Spotted via Seocracy: Mass moving cPanel Accounts. Anyone who has had to do this running WHM knows it’s a total clusterfuck nightmare. I’ve been finding things to make my life so much easier these days. Between that and the htaccess generator I’ve been talking about I’ve added hours onto my lifespan.
* I keep hearing people say black hat doesn’t involve PPC. Well for all you people who don’t know shit, check out this black hat PPC post. Now shut your pie holes. I found that via Fantomaster so props to Ralph.
* Sticking with the black hat theme here are a couple gems. First a nice tutorial for beginners (well, let’s go with somewhat novice) from a Blue Hat guest blogger on scraping links with PHP with cURL. Taking that further here is a breakdown of Curl multi which you can do some cool shit with. For you dot net people (not me), here’s a WordPress comment spammer you can create in a flash. Can’t say how well it works and I don’t think I’ve met this guy before but it seems he’s coming up with some cool shit so I wouldn’t worry. Now go scrape, spam, drop links, create a few thousand accounts wherever you want, etc. Just don’t blame me when you get smacked because you will. It’s inevitable and it sucks, but a good learning experience.
* Bill has a very interesting post on Google blending feed data into their universal search results. If this comes to fruition I think it’s a great opportunity in the affiliate space since a lot of companies rely on affiliates for their sales force and leave SEO on the table. Just think about having a product feed full of your affiliate links straight in the organic results. I’m also thinking of ways to spam it already, but I’m sure the GoogleBorg is thinking of ways to stop me as well. Good write-up Bill. Keep us posted on any more developments in that area.
* Hey Vanessa, What’s up with Wordze squatting your typo name (http://vannessafoxnude.com/)? That’s just rude.
* Rae posted this morning on the advertising opportunities on Facebook. She has some great ideas and gave some actual real world examples, which I like to see. Real world examples are hard to come by in the SEO world it seems.
* And for Halloween fun we have a few things. ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES!: a must see movie. Or titled Strippers Vs Zombies, can’t really tell. Then from Common Craft we’ve got how to survive a zombie attack that a 6 year old can understand:
* Interweb Gold: What Would Jesus Hate? Sweet.
That’s it. Happy Halloween and don’t eat any candy from people wearing black hats. They’re all no good spammers. For tonight’s party I’m dressing as a “Pawn in an Evil Plot”.