I’m heading out to NYC tomorrow so I’m doing our Friday tea time a little early. Even without the Friday there were some great posts for the week. So once again on my Unbirthday, here is the news from the world of search:
* Blackbeard SEO makes ABC World News with this post about Apple iPhone and Ringtones and he sounds surprised, but he always has some good stuff. He was the first to market with that idea and after reading it I tend to agree with him. I think there might still be some money to be made, but it’s certainly going to go downhill.
* ALERT THE MASSES! PAGERANK UPDATE!! Okay, glad we got that one over with. Move on folks, nothing to see here….
* Search Engine Journal reported on an article from Smaran Dayal that apparently YouTube is now more popular than MySpace. This is certainly complete speculation. Do you think the ignorant crowd on MySpace or the tech crowd on YouTube is more likely to have a bunch of crap sending data to Alexa? Who knows? Good post and interesting topic, but I don’t think it’s the fact everyone is making it out to be.
* The MyBlogLog revolution has taken hold! Come join me and my fellow bloggers at TheMadHat Community! I thought this was a great idea when I first came across it. It’s great for bloggers because it caters to our never-ending ego and it gives us a good feeling when people are visiting. It’s more than “72 visitors from Google”. It’s DigitalGhost came to visit today! Hopefully he read something he liked and didn’t just come around because I commented on his blog. I’ve added the widget to mine, get with the program and add it to yours.
* One of my favorite bloggers is Darren Rowse, creator of ProBlogger.net. He has some of the best advice you can find in the world of blogging. This post, however, comes from one of his guest bloggers. Tony Hung writes about how to market your blog and it’s worth a bookmark. ShoeMoney will have Darren on the next Net Income radio show on Webmaster Radio so shut up and listen to it.
* Danny Sullivan has a good post on the age old debate on how SEO is for simple folk. Again I’m going with the move along, nothing to see here statement. 99% or so of the online world doesn’t know a thing about SEO, so think what you want and wallow in the abyss.
* Finally, a shout out to all the Stuart flock….Go Hawkeyes! I know you probably don’t have a clue what the hell I’m ranting about, but thanks for visiting anyway. Good luck against Minnesota and Indiana. Nate…remember the dancing elf? I could make you pay. Remember that.
Everyone have a good weekend, get off the damn computer and go do something!