Two more days before I’m on a plane inbound to Vegas. I’ve been drinking heavily to prepare my liver for the onslaught. I’ve got a line on a couple parties but I haven’t had time to research when and where a lot of them are going to be. Send me an invite and you get a free review of whatever site you want. (party invites for links…does that count?)
I will also be giving away some black hat prizes for cooperation next week. So when you see me, just do what I say and you’ll be in the mix for several cool tools to play with. Anyway, on to the post party from this week.
* Matt talks about snippets…BORING! Actually the point here was he mentioned that they still use ODP for some information. WTF? Still using ODP? I have one of those bag cell phones from the 90′s but that doesn’t mean I still use it. That’s about the only thing he says other than plugging Google shit so don’t bother watching unless you don’t know how they get the snippet and if you don’t go somewhere else.
* Here is a great post I missed earlier this week from Andy Beard on the different ways to take advantage of popular blog posts to spread around some link weight. Similar to the siloing concept but after the fact. Good stuff and a must read for all bloggers out there.
* A humorous but completely true post from the master himself about building “natural” links and using nofollow. (Disclaimer: I buy links for rankings [Disclaimer 2: I buy them naturally]) This whole paid link nofollow brainwashing nonsense has gone on long enough. Get over it already, quit looking at your PenisRank, and just continue doing what works.
* David has a great rundown on the pros and cons of social media. He covers all the basis by playing the devil. I mean devils advocate or something. Entering the social media game is sometimes a tough decision to make.
* John calls out SEO’s around the planet. Quit being a curmudgeon. He also agrees the paid links brainwashing snow job experiment should be done with and manages to bash Wikipedia at the same time. I love it. The mice already know the answer to paid links is 42. Enough already.
I was informed this morning that I finally made the coveted BIGLIST and that my hat is black. It’s not black Lee, it’s just Mad So without further ado, let’s point out some sneaky stuff. Now black hats don’t post as often since
we’re they are out making money so this might go back a couple weeks. And just to be clear, I’m probably more on the n00b end of BH compared to most of these folks.
Matt, you should go ahead and stop reading now.
* Earners Blog gives us the Dark Side of affiliate marketing (as though there is a good side or something). All of these are sneaky (and slightly shady) ways of letting others do your work for you. Getting there is hard but the rewards can be large. Except for the domain squatter thing, I wouldn’t even go there.
* Remember Matt’s claim that there is no such thing as undetectable cloaking? Well who gives a fuck if you can detect it when it works. Rob busted TagSum.com for cloaking and although they turned off the jump, it’s back on now so you can see it in action. Filthy spammers.
* From a “slightly” shady SEO (I’m going out on a limb and saying really shady) we’ve got link building techniques that go well beyond paying for them. And it’s faster. Step 14 and 15: XRumer and trackback flinger.
* Get tossed from AdSense yet? I haven’t but I don’t think it will be long. (Don’t worry, I’ve got backups). WageRank gives the lowdown on one I haven’t used yet but plan on it now. Let’s call it MFP (Made For Peakclick).
* Interweb Gold (for some reason I think pissed off cats are funny):
That’s it. I’ll be arriving in Vegas on Monday around 3:30 and heading to the Wynn. You can direct message me on twitter and I’ll be posting updates there on where I’m going. If you don’t know what I look like, I’ll probably be wearing some MadHat paraphernalia. I’ll for sure be at the SEO Poker Tournament and hitting any private parties I get an invite to. Like I said, free links for invites. Forget chocolate, I’ll give you links