The Friday Tea Time is back this week in full force. No playtime and no holds barred tea party. Anyway, it’s been a couple weeks so I may be a little rusty but here we go anyway.
* Eric Ward does know a few things. I figured I’d get that out of the way first. Sugarrae takes 11 smart people and writes a thesis on link development. If you’ve been doing SEO for 3 days or 10 years you need to read this post and take notes. Skip Days of Our Lives today and read this instead.
* My new favorite blogger, who’s probably younger than you: Anchor text shuffler for your link bombing box. A non-shady post on what to do if your rankings crash. And finally for you wanna be black belts: Basics of content generation and your 1st blackhat setup. Matt Cutts hates you my friend.
* I’m an Asstard. You probably are too.
* If for some reason this post was the first thing you looked at this morning…everyone including Aaron Wall reported this morning that Microsoft is buying Yahoo. Or trying to anyway. I guess Bill decided if you can’t beat them, buy them.
* Problogger has a nice post on how to effectively use twitter. Personally I am a big fan of twitter. It can be a useful tool in networking and even driving traffic to your blog. It can also be an incredible time drain. Bunch of twits.
* Speed up WordPress. Since WordPress is like a giant slug, here is some info on tricking out your blog. Quick and easy instructions for those of us partially brain damaged from too many head injuries.
* Richard over at Quality Nonsense explains why you should let bloggers build your brand. Very few executive types know this and continue to pay PR firms thousands of dollars for nothing. It’s a powerful technique that is completely underutilized.
* Funny shit from cracked. (beware of automatic video…I hate that shit).
* BoogyBonBon has 5 common SEO mistakes. Not sure I agree with all of them but it’s an interesting perspective.
* As always great stuff from John Andrews. His take on offensive and defensive SEO (aka: being a dirty bastard) is a must read. I’ve also been into the domaining space for a bit now and can start posting a little more about it. John discusses domain development and liquidity. Newest panhandler sign: “Will SEO For Equity”.
* Ready to peddle some porn? Good luck.
* Aaron Wall is at it once again outlining how to successfully rank an affiliate site. Solid information as always.
* Every now and then I’ll remind everyone to think about the mobile web. Well, look at this bit of information. ESPN gets more mobile traffic than regular traffic. I told you so.
* Datapresser is out so get on the waiting list. I’ll be doing a full review of it as soon as I have time to fully get some blogs up and running. I can go ahead and tell you though it’s easily going to make you the monthly cost and it’s easy to use. Props to rob!
Happy Friday Fellow Fuckers. Have a wonderful day, eat your Wheaties, and don’t forget the beer.