Friday Tea Time Columbus Day Fed Up With SEO Version. This post might be off topic in places. Eat it. These will be the strangest posts I could find for the week Christopher Columbus discovered South America in 1498 (if you comment and say 1492 I’m not responding).
* What Would Jesus Link To? Google of course. Only Google has enough money to buy a link from Jesus.
Satan Bill Gates doesn’t need one. My question: If you link to Jesus is that considered a paid link?
* Blog Action Day is Monday so go plant a tree and blog about it. Or at least drive your Honda instead of your V12 Aston Martin.
* Good Graywolf interview on linking. Doug Heil is back making the same asinine comments as usual.
* 7.5 rules to sneak by Mr. Nofollow and sell links without getting the hammer of justice brought down upon your lowly site. Also 7.5 rules on what to look for when buying links. That’s right, BUYING LINKS. Don’t ask me though, I nofollow all paid links. Like the one I just sent to Matt. He chatted with me over a beer one time at pubcon and I’m pretty sure I allowed him to speak to me for free in exchange for linking to his blog on every post.
* Rand-Gate and a bunch of girly tittle tattle. In case you missed it for some reason. Don’t really know much about the details because I don’t really care. If Rand outs some of my sites I’ll send out the bots to smack some of his. Case closed.
* Your blog sucks. Mine probably does too, but whatever.
* Get Free Shit. Or give away some shit and get a link. Time to start spamming that thing.
* Back on the serious note. John has a great post about being humbled at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. conference and how we’re still in the interim with money to be made. Don’t make the mistake of thinking it’s easy. You need a plan and you have to stick to it. Think of it as playing poker. Stick to your methods and don’t randomly do things. He also notes things are looking up so get a plan and get going. To quote my favorite black hat…”Do It Fucking Now“.
* Google using Wikipedia? Nice write-up by Bill; but Wikipedia? That would be a stupid move by Google I’d think. Let’s see how fast I swamp the editors with fake “Danny Sullivan” pages.
* Please bow down and thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that someone finally called out Shari Thurow and her regurgitated “I’m a white hat usability expert who doesn’t really know shit about real SEO but wrote a book anyway and since I was first you suck”