Friday Tea Time is back. This week I’m taking the best posts you may have missed from
each some categories in my GoogleBorg Reader. Here are the gems I found while guzzling large quantities of alcoholic beverages this week:
* Let’s begin in the Affiliate Marketing category. You think comment spam is bad, here comes Subscriber Count Spam 1.0 from CashQuests. Google may as well just close down. We think of ways to spam them a lot faster than they think of ways to stop us.
Also check out a great post from Dosh Dosh (give yourself at least 20 minutes) on content development strategies. Not only that but I like all the visuals he puts in his posts and he’s one of the best at writing copy you can scan through using bold text. I bow down to his superior blogging skills!
* Next up? Analytics baby. One of my favorite things and one of my most hated things. Over at the Grok they explain how to measure visitor engagement and provide us with some tools and tips. A lot of the metrics I found were common sense stuff I’ve already got on my “metrics sheet”, but there are also a few things I’ve never even thought to measure. Scanning Visitor Share and Committed Visitor Share for example. Great stuff again guys.
Still not paying attention to the power of social networks? Well you better wake up and smell the Bloody Mary. The younger crowd now prefers social networks over web based email services in the UK. This trend will occur in the US as well and we all know who the money spenders are going to be soon enough. Check out the details at the hitwise house.
* Black hat time. W00t! Here’s a post that’s not really black hat but comes from SEO Black Hat so I’m allowed to include the SEO Theory of Everything. Well said and about on the mark. Steps 1 and 2 could be interpreted in about 42 different ways…making the answer 42. Still.
This is some shady shit, and one that falls beyond the realm of black hat SEO to the realm of illegal cracking but you should be aware of compromised wordpress installs. Stuart at Earners Blog gives you the scoop.
And the best for last…I don’t know if it was this week or last, but whatever. The Kaptain launched K5 which I immediately signed up for and it kicks ass. I haven’t implemented it on anything yet but will this weekend. I also am a beta tester for Datapresser from Rob at Seocracy. Talk about making black hat available to the public…it’s as easy as making cookies. I’ll be hammering on it this weekend as well. It’s like a black hat party weekend! 7h47 r0xx
* Bloggin time. Great post over at Blogtrepreneur on how to correctly start advertising on your blog once you’re more popular than me. Not only does he tell you how, more importantly he tells you why so you actually learn something. Another interesting post from Chris Garrett on the definition of authority. Here’s my definition.
* Spotted via WorkBoxers is a little motivation on funding your new venture. I’ve run into this a lot and it’s always great to discover new sources on the subject. Want some more motivation? Just Do it already!
* Time for teh code category. Now Vanessa…Everyone deserves to get laid. Except for Matt Cool Green PC, let us know if it works decent, I’d like to buy a few. To all you advocates of a single sign on…Think Again.
* Interweb Gold: Mathematical Representation of Rap Music With Charts and Graphs (Sort of Safe for Work)
Okay, so I’m really busy and it’s really late and I only got through six categories. Maybe I’ll do the next six next week. If you’re lucky you fellow keyboard wielding geeks. Off to the bar!